Chicken with Mushrooms
(favorite of Diane Dark)
Prep 15 m Cook 30 m Ready In 45 m
3 cups sliced mushrooms (or more)
½ cup sliced onion
1 T. minced garlic
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (pounded a little)
2 eggs, beaten (add salt and pepper)
1 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs + ¼ cup parmesan cheese + Italian
2 tablespoons butter
Cream of mushroom or golden mushroom soup (I use golden mushroom)
1/2 cup chicken broth (or water + better than bullion) (I used broth + bullion)
¼ cup white wine (if you want the sauce a little thinker you can stir some
cornstarch into the wine or broth before you mix it with the soup – I didn’t)
6 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded Italian blend (I used sliced)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Sauté the mushrooms and onions in a little olive oil with minced
3. Place half of the mushrooms mix in a baking dish.
4. Dip chicken into beaten eggs, then roll in bread crumbs (with added
parmesan and Italian seasoning).
5. In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown both sides of chicken
in skillet about a minute or two per side. Place chicken on top of
mushrooms, arrange remaining mushrooms on chicken.
6. Mix soup with the chicken broth, better than bullion and wine. Spread
over the chicken and mushrooms.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no
longer pink and juices run clear.
8. Remove from oven and top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven
for 10 to 15 minutes.
Served with fettucine, egg noodles or rice.